13 May, 2013

The Morticia Rose

It's springtime in Texas and everything is growing and blooming.
Beautiful!
 
 
The front yard smells wonderful...all my roses are blooming!
 
 
The trellis is doing a great job holding up that rose...
 
 
 
Gorgeous, right?
 
 
Well, that was what it looked like in the fall.
This is the Morticia version, definitely not new and improved.
 
 
I don't know what happened...
it was green and full of blooms and enjoying life...
and then it just kind of died.
 
 
So sad :(
 
 
I guess there may be a little good news...
 
 
 Seems that there are new canes beginning to grow :)
 
 
 Maybe I should call it the Phoenix rose?
 
Here's a few shots of the front yard.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I figured I'd take a few pictures before the
dumpster and port-a-potty arrive  :)
 
ann marie


1 comment:

  1. That's weird. I wonder if it broke off at the graft. And I wonder if what's growing will be a different rose because it's growing from the roots rather than the graft. That's the fun part of gardening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!