03 May, 2013

Powder Room Thoughts

While we're waiting for permits to begin the actual building,
I've been trying to fine tune my ideas on all these rooms.
Here's what I'm thinking...
 
 
 
 
old oak dresser as the vanity...needs a little TLC.
Maybe stain it a darker color?
Maybe paint it?
Still exploring different scenarios.
 
 
marble or granite top similar to this....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
this large oval antique mirror...
 
 
antique brass faucet...
 
 
upholstered walls...at least the top half or so.
I'm toying with wainscoting in a darker color...
 
dark olive green that's in the fabric...
 
 
or maybe the blue...
 
 
 
This is similar to the tile we're using...
a porcelain travertine look a like...
a light background with shades of greys and browns.
I haven't decided on vanity hardware or lighting yet.
It's definitely been a fun challenge doing this as inexpensively as possible.
We'll be pricing ourselves out of the neighborhood.
Good thing we don't plan on moving anywhere any time soon.
 
ann marie
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Interesting ideas. I like the unusual color palette. I think it would be handsome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!