Once we'd taken care of getting #3 situated in her new apartment, I had this to deal with when we got home.
The room just needed a little TLC and straightening up. I'm not finished yet, I have to pick up a few pillow inserts for the other two shams that I have. It's so much better, and I feel like it's a part of our home again. I found the little armoire at a yard sale last weekend and had to bring it home. It was only $5.00. It has some nicks and scratches, so I'm thinking of painting it. The previous owners retro fitted it with a few shelves for storage which will come in handy. Or I might just sell it. We'll see. I also picked up this piece.
It was also retro fitted with drawers. In 1939. It started out life as a radio. I like that it has some history, and the gentleman that did the work wrote it all down on the inside.
After a few hours, I had the room looking so much better. I stole the drapery panels that were in my Dining Room (another project).
I needed a headboard, and after a little web browsing and shopping my storage area in my studio, I found what I needed.
I really like that it's different!
The dresser was here when we bought the house. She has seniority. The oil painting of the bluebonnets in that frame was found at a yard sale for $3.00. Couldn't pass it up.
So here's our new guest room, almost finished.