17 August, 2010

From Glum to Glam!!

I was browsing CL Sunday afternoon and came across a listing for a Chandelier.
There was no picture, and the description left a lot to be desired.
Has glass or crystal-$20.
It was close by, so I took a quick look at it and offered the guy $15.
Sold!
When I got it home, I took it out of the box and saw it was really dirty. Years of dust dirty. The box made a quick trip to the trash after I looked through all the old paper for loose crystals.
There weren't many pieces of crystal, but there was a boatload of dead crickets!
Disgusting!

I took all the crystals off and cleaned, and cleaned...
Who knew it could take so much time to clean!




This was a lot of fun to see what a little elbow grease could accomplish.









Not too shabby!
She now resides in the Dining Room.
ann marie

13 comments:

  1. Your chandelier is gorgeous....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can handle a few crickets if there is treasure involved!! She's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, this is stunning. I love it. What a fabulous find. Well worth all the work. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the seller had no elbow grease available - good thing you were willing to expend a little! It is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love this. What a great deal. It's beautiful. I would love to find something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! What a treasure. You found a grat deal there-even though it involved a lot of dirty work. Perfect piece! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh! That thing looks huge!!! It's so pretty too!! Great find! Except for the nasty crickets! Eww!

    ReplyDelete
  8. for $15 and now it is look like more than that price...what a good idea. Awesome work, I like.

    Cheers
    yuz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...just beautiful!! I love CL and the finds that are just waiting for a new home! Cleaned up great!

    Hugs,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful!! now that's a deal!
    thank you so much for the link!!

    joan

    p.s. I'm going to do a post soon about fabulous wax candle covers that you might be interested in.... I'll try to remember to send, but if not keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your chandy and yes it was worth all the elbow greece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!