31 March, 2010

How Does My Garden Grow?

This year I thought I'd try my hand at a veggie garden. I've had them in the past and really like having fresh produce to eat and cook with. This is what it looked like a few weeks ago, the 9th of March actually.

I added a few plants, but most have been grown from seed. Here's what's growing in my garden today-
Onions,red
Lettuce, 2 varieties
Spinach
Carrots
Peas
Wax Beans
Tomato-cherry and yellow
Corn
Eggplant
Yellow Bell Pepper
Cucumber
Zucchini
Summer Squash
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Strawberries.
Not bad for a 4'x10' space!
Here's what it's looking like this morning!


I also have an herb garden
I also planted Raspberry, Blackberry and Blueberry shrubs.
I guess we'll see how my garden grows!
ann marie

7 comments:

  1. Oh my~You sure live in a warmer climate than I do, we don't plant until memorial day.
    What a gorgeous garden, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a joke? No way those tiny little seedlings grew into those plants in three weeks. Should I expect we'll see your cauliflower harvest next week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I've been thinking of creating a small garden in our backyard. You've inspired me!

    Alyssa
    lifeoflyssie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, how fast they grow...i will be growing some too...hope it is not too late...cant wait to see your first harvest! maryann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you fit so much in that space. I can almost taste the fresh veggies. I've only started tomatoes so far.

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann Marie, You are so blessed to live in an area that where you can garden so early in the year. I live in Manitoba, Canada. We won't be able to put seeds or seedlings into the ground for several months still. I am jealous of your garden, it is so lovely. Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you're using the Square Foot method, too! I love it! I recently updated my blog with the making of my square foot garden.

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-square-foot-garden-in-making.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!