Here's another weekend project I tackled. I found a picture of a rose covered arbor that I wanted really bad. It didn't look all that difficult, I figured the hardest part would be to actually get the rose to cover it. So, off to Lowe's I went.
Couple of 4x4's, 2x6's later, I started laying it out like a puzzle.
I have to admit, I did need my husband's help to stand the sections up-they're somewhat heavy, but very awkward to manuever.
Long story short-after a couple of hours work, with a break or two to gab with neighbors who stopped by to comment on the house and yard , it was checked off my to-do list. Alot of our neighbors have stopped by to tell us how they've enjoyed watching our home and yard being transformed. We are in an older heighborhood beginning to go through a revitalization. It's exciting to be a small part of it. One project down and goodness knows how many left! I decided to mimic the lattice on the house, and added store bought embellishments for the corners. I tried making my own-not pretty. I think it would have worked if I had a scroll saw, however, I do not so on to plan B. Hobby Lobby.
I do plan on making a gate to attach to the arbor. Maybe next weekend.
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
1 month ago