20 January, 2010

Only the tub remained standing...

I'd like to share our bathroom story.  Our home is a 2 bedroom, 1 bath 1951 cottage.  Tiny bath. We tore everything out-except the bathtub. So, here's what it looked like when we bought the house-(sorry about the poor photo quality) Oh, that's a picture of dogs playing poker to the left of the shower. How funny is that.


After demolition, which we did ourselves, we started putting her back together.  We didn't pay for labor on anything other than our plumber-we needed to replace shower fixtures. We did all the work ourselves. Very rewarding, both financially and personally.  This is now one of my favorite rooms.  I just love the marble floor-it was a splurge, but I figured it was such a small room the attention to detail would really stand out.  This is how it looks now-


Since this picture was taken, we installed new windows throughout the house.  I probably could update my pictures-it's on my list.
ann marie

5 comments:

  1. Your bathroom turned out great. Do you want to be added to the list of participants for the WW theme? Please let me know.

    Take care,

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Ana Marie,

    AHHHHHHHHH...so there is HOPE at the end of the remodeling tunnel. We have moved into a century old farmhouse with 2 bedrooms and 1 bath--we are not even close to beginning our bathroom remodel. It is the ugliest room in the house. A remodel to an addition that was done in the 60's, so you can imagine my pain. However, it is still usable.

    I am looking forward to seeing all your redo. The pic of the outside of your home is beautiful! Looks like you have made it YOURS!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous! I love the fabirc you used for the sink and valance - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have a 1950's house and the bathroom remodel is the last on my list. Can you tell me what tile you used on the floor ....I love it! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tile we used in the bathroom was purchased at Home Depot. It's a marble and cost us $9.99 a square foot. I'd found another that I liked that was very similar at a local tile store-it was $28 sq ft. No brainer for me and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!